As we celebrate with family and friends this holiday season we have so much to be thankful for. In the true spirit of the season we invite you to join us in offering a special gift. We are hoping to extend our dinner service into the Spring/Summer months, and so we are turning to individuals, families and businesses for help within the community. Did you know that 4 million people in Canada experience food insecurity? There are a variety of factors that play a role in the struggle for 1 in 8 households to put food on the table, and our Christmas Wish this year is to help feed the hungry all year round!
How can you help the Soup Kitchen?
- Gather 8-10 family members/friends and volunteer one evening (Volunteers needed May 2019 – October, 2019)
- Organize a corporate team event to serve an evening meal
- Fund-raise to provide meals for an evening (approx.$350.00)
- Serve/fund-raise in honour of a special person or loved one
For more details, please contact Bonnie Brady at email@example.com
Good Samaritan Monthly Giving
Regular monthly giving would be most helpful since costs are consistent throughout the year. $10 per month provides 50 meals a year. To set up a monthly giving plan click here to download and print our pre-authorized debit form. Please mail completed form with a void cheque. You can also set up a monthly giving plan online with CanadaHelps by clicking here.
Our expenses include items such as groceries, utilities, insurance, repairs and maintenance on appliances, upkeep of the building, latex gloves, cleaning supplies and paper products. Every dollar counts and is used wisely!
Special Occasion Donations
Consider giving a one-time “donation gift” in honour of a birthday, anniversary, or special day for those friends who “have everything”. We will send them an appropriate greeting card, to let them know of your thoughtfulness, while you get the receipt! Make sure to include the name, address and type of occasion along with your cheque (please allow minimum of 2 weeks notice).
A Memorial Donation
This is a meaningful way to honour a loved one or friend. Consider making us your Charity of Choice. Please provide the name of the person you wish to honour along with family contact information. We will notify them of your thoughtfulness and you will be receipted at the end of the year.
Our Wish List
You can help by providing any of the following items:
- Canned Fruit and Vegetables
- Canned Tuna, Chicken and Salmon
- Cooking Oil
- Soda Water, Iced Tea Mix, Cranberry/Raspberry Juice
- Instant Pudding
- Salt, Pepper, Sugar
- Chicken or Beef Broth
- Cream of mushroom/celery soup
- Coffee and Creamer
- Instant Potato Flakes and Rice
- Paper Napkins
- Large Freezer Bags, Parchment Paper
- Acrylic Cutting Boards (various sizes)
- Long-Stem Commercial Grade Immersion Blender
- Grocery Gift Cards
Official receipts for income tax purposes will be issued at the end of the year.